Monday, April 4, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Several weeks ago, when Brian and I were on the brink of a murder-suicide attempt, we called his parents and begged them to stay with the kids for a few days so we could go away.  Anywhere.  Even the Econolodge on 8 Mile sounded great to us as long as we had some alone time.  Sensing our extreme desperation, they agreed.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love my in-laws?  That is another post entirely.  Anyway, we booked flights and 4 days at a resort in Ft. Lauderdale.  We are there right now and it is just perfect.  We aren't doing much, lots of eating, sleeping, and laying in the sun.  It might storm tomorrow which actually sounds just fine.  It is such a treat to just lay around and not have to do anything or be anywhere or be responsible for anything or anyone.  Plus, our room is loaded with my favorite things, which include:

-giant fluffy snow white towels that you can just throw on the floor and someone else washes
-a bed so huge you can't even tell there's another person in there with you
-400 thread count white cotton sheets
-orange scented hotel shampoo in cute little bottles
-endless hot water showers that don't get ruined when someone flushes the toilet
-TV that is not Nickeodeon or Disney Channel

Wow, did we need this break.  I am feeling human again, instead of a kid-taxi-driving mom-bot who constantly shrieks "pick up your stuff and put it away and keep your hands off your siblings".

That's enough blogging for now... I'm going to take another shower just because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment