Friday, April 2, 2010

Passed court!

We cleared the biggest hurdle yet- yesterday our adoption was officially approved in Ethiopian court.  They told us to expect to travel to get them in early June.  Tinsaye and Solomon are now and forever our kids.  It's hard to get my head around that fact, and yet I think "of course!".  From the very beginning of this process I have felt like God has this plan that I am just a part of .  It's not my plan, He's up to something here and I just get to be involved.  So of course we passed court the first time and ahead of schedule!  And although I'm a little slow to remember it, as my friend Bobbie reminded me when I needed to hear it REALLY badly, "Our God is bigger than paperwork."  So even though I'm a little concerned that we're still waiting on immigration stuff, I know that it will all be fine and exactly how He wants it to be.  And even though God clearly did not check my June calendar, it will all be fine and exactly how He wants it to be.  

Now since they are officially and legally Baerts, I can post their photos!  Here are the newest Baerts.
This photo was taken by the orphanage staff last week when they got their "welcome packages" from us.  They are wearing the tee shirts we made them using a photo Brian photoshopped to include all 6 of us!  They must have been incredibly confused to see themselves in a picture with people they've never met!  I am praying that they are happy to be coming to our family and that they are not too scared.  It must be easier to know that you will be with your sibling.  I hope they are excited to think about having a new brother and sister.

Here's some more of Tinsaye:

And Solomon too:


There are more photos on my Facebook page, so you can check them out there.

These photos were all taken by other American families traveling to pick up their kids at the orphanage.  Families just take as many pictures of as many kids as they can and they post them to a shared Snapfish account when they come home.  Those of us waiting spend lots of time sifting through thousands of images to find our kids!  There are a million photos of Tinsaye, always hugging other girls.  The reports from the social workers say that she is very affectionate and I believe it!  There are remarkably fewer photos of Solomon.  I believe it is because he is running around most of the time and standing still for a photo is not on his agenda.  

Joy shared is joy doubled, and it is so awesome for me to be able to share these photos with everyone now that they are ours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment