Sunday, June 20, 2010

We are home!!!  WOW!  So much to say... I don't quite know where to start.  I guess I'll just say today that our trip was great.  We had totally smooth flights there and back, no problems with immigration or any of the paperwork, none of us were sick at all, everything went exactly according to plan.  I was marveling about the fact that most of the other Americans we met in Ethiopia were puking at some point and my brother in law said, "Well, you did have a LOT of people praying for you."  He is completely right.  We were aware of the power of your prayers the whole time and I can't thank you all enough. 

Now comes the fun part!  Astonishing things this morning have included the vacuum, M&M's, crab legs at the grocery store, and carpet.  "No shoes?  You sleep on this?"  Very disappointed to learn that the white limestone landscaping stones at the neighbors were NOT snow.  Solomon keeps running out to look at his bike and he stares at it and whispers to himself with hushed awe "...bicycle...bicycle...we go now, Dad?  Please?"   So we're off to see what happens... keep praying.  I'm not winning Mother Of The Year if we end up in the ER first day home!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you're back! Don't worry about mother of the year. Just take each day as it comes.

    ReplyDelete