Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Small (?) glitch

Got a call from the agency today telling us we have a small issue.  The home study documents approve us for "two healthy children" and technically, our kiddos aren't completely healthy due to the genetic condition with their eyes.  Although they are fine right now, they have an increased risk of glaucoma and therefore are "special needs".  So our home study social worker needs to write an addendum stating that we can deal with this, get it notarized, mail it to the agency and they need to include it before they can mail the documents to ET.  So, we have a slight delay.  Worse yet, the notarized addendum also needs to go to Immigration (USCIS) who just got our home study yesterday and they may tell us to resubmit the whole thing. 

So we just move forward and hope for the best, I guess.  I'm not going to pretend this didn't upset me.  I don't want to think of these kids as "special needs" (although can you imagine any orphaned child who doesn't have special needs of some kind?) and I'm bummed about the stupid paperwork and delays.  However, I'm very glad our awesome agency caught this now before everything went to ET and got thrown out of court and we had to start all over. 

So say a prayer that USCIS clears us the first time out and things move forward smoothly from this point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment